Purpose of The Guide
Before You Begin
Make sure all the port forwarding rules are in place and the Dyn address is working or you have a static IP address provided by your internet provider. If you want to know how to add the port forwarding rules, then you need to follow the guide Here.
You will also need to make sure your Dyn address is working, ours is exampledns.dvrdns.org <- this should direct you to your Hikvision cameras/ NVR login page.
You will also need your recorder password to enable you to add the device to the Hik connect app.
To download Hik Connect can be found here.
Let's Get Started
- Open the Hik Connect App.
- Click + -> Manual Add -> then you will have a load of information to input.
- Make sure adding type is changed to IP/DOMAIN, then your page should look like this below.
- Alias - Anything you want to name it.
- Address - Dyn Address either we have provided if you are one of our LIVEVIEW / PREMIUMSUP customers, If you want to take a look at our support packages this can be found Retail Customers or Trade Support
- If you have your own DYN address which is working, this will work too, you can also use a static IP address if you have one.
- Port -8000
- Username - admin
- Password - (Password for your recorder).
- Then Click Save Top Right.
Once added, Start Live View.