Purpose of the guide
This guide will show you how to configure your Hikvision camera using a Windows or Mac computer, so it can be used with a Gamut NVR.
Before you begin
- A computer running Windows or MacOS
- An internet router
- A Hikvision camera
- A Gamut NVR of the model 4NVRGT1 or 8NVRGT1 connected to a TV or monitor
- An Ethernet lead to connect the camera to the internet router
- To know the default gateway of your internet router (follow this guide to find out, then make a note of it)
- To install the Hikvision program called SADP Tool. Just download it from here if you use Windows, or from here if you use a Mac
Let’s get started
Whilst waiting for the camera to start up, open up SADP. Once the camera has booted up and you have found it in SADP (if it does not, try clicking the refresh button, checking the connections or restarting SADP), tick the box to the left of it so you can edit the settings.
Now make sure that the default gateway is the same as the one you noted down earlier, and change it if not.
Finally, enter your password and click Modify at the bottom to save your settings:
Now you need to access the recorder using your TV or monitor, and navigate to Setup > Channel > IP Channels,and click on the green + icon next to the channel you want to add the camera to:
Now click on the camera at the top of the screen, and the details will be automatically filled in below. Make sure to enter your password that was set on the camera as well:
You should now see the arrow under 'State' turn green: