Purpose of the Guide
The aim of this guide is to get you set up to be able to view your Digital Wireless CCTV system on your mobile phones and tablets whether you are at your property or viewing the system remotely.
Before You Begin
- Connect your monitor directly to your router using an ethernet cable.
- Ensure that your cameras are paired and can be viewed on the monitor.
- Connect the monitor directly to the power.
- Install the MyCam View app on your phone or tablet. If you have not done so instructions can be found here.
Let’s Get Started
- Open the main menu on your monitor.
- Go to Settings > Network > Information
- If your monitor is successfully connected to your network this page will show the connection information. What we want to see is the system is showing a proper entry for IP Address, Subnet Mask and Default Gateway. As long as those three entries are not showing 0.0.0.0 then the system is connecting to your network. If you do see 0.0.0.0 then the first thing to try is changing your network cable which should solve the problem.
- Next we need to open MyCam View on your phone or tablet.
- Click on the button labelled "Click here to add device"
- Click Scan, your phones camera will show on your screen. Use this to scan the QR code, the black & white square, that is on the back of your monitor.
- Enter your password. If you have not previously set a password enter 000000, If you have previously set a password please use that and if you have set one but now can't remember it please return to the Network Settings page and select Reset Password, this will set the password to 000000.
- You will now be returned to the main screen where you will see one device in the list, after a few moments it should show a status of Online. If it shows offline please return to step 5 to check the system is connected to your network. If it shows a password error please return to step 9 and reset the password.
- Click on the device in the list. The first time you do so it will prompt you to create a new password, please enter a memorable password in the box.
- You should now be viewing your cameras. When you wish to view them in the future you will simply need to open the MyCam View app and click on your device and you will be presented with your cameras.
We hope you have found this guide useful. If it has not answered your question you can see related articles on the right or raise a ticket for further support.