Purpose of the Guide
This guide will show you how to export and email your password reset file to us, so we can assist in resetting your password.
Before You Begin
Finally you will need the Hikvision SADP tool which can be downloaded here:
Please ensure you leave the SADP programme open until you have received the password reset file back from us. Leave your computer and NVR/DVR powered on and do not unplug any cables.
Make sure your computer and your NVR/DVR are connected to the same network.
From 01/08/2019 we now charge a small fee for resetting the password on HikVision equipment. At the present time it is £5 per device that we need to reset. Our policy can be viewed here.
The reason for this is that if you completely forget your password and have not previously used any of the methods we recommend which enable you to reset the password yourself there is a significant amount of work that needs to be completed by us once you send this reset file to us.
Let's Get Started
1) Open the SADP tool.
2) Select the device which you would like to reset the password for. You can do this by putting a tick in the box:
3) Click on "forgot password".
4) Click on "export".
5) You will now need to select a location to export the file to, please select "desktop".
6) The exported file will now reside on your desktop, it should look like this:
7) Open a new email, and attach the file to the email.
8) Please write in the emails subject "PR File" (password reset file)
9) Then email it to email@example.com
Once we have received the file we will aim to send the correct file back to you within an hour however it can take up to 24 hours, and then you can import the file in to SADP to complete the reset process.
Please see how to import the password reset file here.
If you have any further questions or queries, please see our solution centre or contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org