Before You Begin
Test the Wi-Fi connection strength at the site of your pinhole camera using a smartphone, tablet or laptop. We suggest that you have a signal strength of at least 30%.
Download the XMEye app to your smartphone or tablet.
Preparing Your Wi-Fi Pinhole Camera
- Plug in the power supply into the trailing cable of the camera
- We would recommend mounting the bracket to the pinhole camera and then mounting the camera to the bracket
- The camera also has the ability to work with a MicroSD card (up to 128GB), so insert the card into the slot on the camera if you want to record
- Make sure that the Wi-Fi antenna on the camera is pointing straight up to achieve the best signal
Connecting the Camera Directly
When the camera is powered up, open the Wi-Fi settings on your smartphone or tablet and the following name should appear beye_***. Select and enter the password 1234567890
Should this Wi-Fi Network not appear it may mean that you need to reset the camera. To do this press and hold the reset button for 15 seconds on the camera as shown below.
Once connected, open the app and select the blue wireless icon at the bottom of the screen.
Your camera will be listed, so simply tap on it to check that you are receiving live images.
This method of connecting has limited functionality as you won’t be able to view the camera remotely or from other devices on your network. Furthermore, the range of the Wi-Fi from the camera in this mode is limited.
Therefore, we would recommend to now connect the camera to your Wi-Fi network.
Connecting the Camera to Your Wi-Fi Network
First, ensure your smartphone or tablet is connected to the Wi-Fi network you want the camera to use.
Double press the white button found on the end of the cable on the camera.
Make sure you have the list of available Wi-Fi networks displaying on your device. You should see the beye_*** network disappear at the point of double pressing the button on your camera.
If this does not disappear you will want to turn the Wi-Fi off on your camera and then turn it back on again.
Next, open the app on your phone and tap the orange monitor/TV icon at the bottom (left).
Now select the + icon in the top-right and tap Quick Configuration.
Enter your Wi-Fi network password and select the two options Ensure the indicator and Device Operation.
Tap Complete all of the above operation at the bottom of the screen.
You will be prompted with a question asking whether your device is post-2015; just select Yes.
Wait for the app to scan the network and your device should show up as a green icon.
Tap this icon and it will automatically fill out all the details needed to connect to the camera.
Select OK at the bottom of the screen.
Your device will now show in your device list. Tap on the device in the list and then the name which appears beneath to view your camera.
Hints & Tips
- Make sure the camera successfully connects to your network before you mount it into your bird box
- Keep the antenna pointing upwards as this improves the Wi-Fi range
- To improve the range of your Wi-Fi signal, purchase a Wi-Fi extender kit
- In some cases, you may need to reset the camera. To do this, press and hold the reset button on the camera cables for 15 seconds