This guide only applies to the NCIP9WF which was discontinued in December 2019, if you have the newer version of the camera have a look at our guide for the NCIP2WF. If you are unsure check on the box or your invoice.
Before You Begin
- Test the Wi-Fi connection strength at the site of your bird box using a smartphone, tablet or laptop
- DO NOT install the camera before confirming it is connected to your Wi-Fi router
- Plug in the power supply into the trailing cable of the camera.
- Check that your camera is generating a Wi-Fi network titled "BEYE_xxxx" which is visible from the device you are adding the camera to. If this network is not appearing, hold down the button on the camera cable for 30 seconds before checking again.
- If this isn't the first time you have set this camera up, then first of all it is a good idea to reset the camera by holding down the white button for 30-40 seconds. The camera will click twice, which means it has been reset to factory defaults.
- Download the app onto your smartphone or tablet - search for iCSee Pro on the Apple App Store or Google Play Store for Android
- If using a MicroSD card, insert the card into the slot before powering up
- Remove the lens cap on the camera
Downloading The Software & Setting Up The Camera
1) Download the iCSee Pro app from Google Play Store on Android or App Store an iOS devices.
2) Open the app. Please allow the app the permissions it asks for.
3) On the home screen press Local Login. You can also create an account instead, but it is not necessary. The advantages of using an account are:
- Simply download the app onto another device and log in to that account to access the cameras instead of manually adding them again.
- Access the notifications/motion alarm settings to be able to receive remote alerts on your Android/iOS device.
4) Click the + icon in the top right of the screen.
5) Click on "Set up my device to Wi-Fi".
6) Click on "Next step".
7) At this point you need to press the white button on the camera cable twice.
8) You should now see your internet network name appear, please enter your network password in the password box and press confirm.
9) When the app has found your camera it should ask you to enter a password for the camera. Please enter the same password in both fields.
If the camera does not connect to the router at this point, this may be because you have a modern 5GHz Wi-Fi router, which needs to be configured before the camera can connect to it. If you think this is the case, please read this guide.
10) On the next page enter a name for the camera.
11) The app should now take you through to the device list with your camera showing. Simply click on your camera to bring up the live video feed.
Hints & Tips
- Make sure the camera successfully connects to your network before you mount it into your bird box
- After installing the camera in the box, ensure the camera is focused properly
- Keep the antenna pointing upwards as this improves the Wi-Fi range
- To improve the range of your Wi-Fi signal, purchase a Wi-Fi extender kit
- If you want to get the device easily added to other phones, tablets or computers, you won't need to go through this process again, just follow this guide to get it done in a few minutes!
- If you want to live stream your camera feed to Youtube, follow this guide