If you want to play back video footage from any of our devices on your PC, we recommend you download and install the latest VLC Media Player.
VLC media player is a fantastic and free media player, which is capable of playing most format videos, and a lot more different formats than the media player that comes pre-installed on your PC.
You can download the latest version for Windows or Mac from VideoLAN
Downloading and installing VLC on a Windows PC
- First, download the VLC installation file. You can get the most up to date version from VideoLAN.
- If given the option to Run or Save the file, we recommend you choose Run, as this will leave no leftover files once the installation is completed. If you choose Save, be sure you save the file to a location you can easily find, such as your Desktop or Downloads folder.
- If you chose Run, once the download has completed it will automatically start to run, and you will probably get the following message.
Click ‘Yes’ and the installation will continue.
- If you chose Save, find where you have saved the file and double click on it to start the installation. Once the installation starts, you will probably get the message above, so be sure to click ‘Yes’ to continue with the installation.
- The next prompt you will get will ask you for your language. English is selected by default, so click the ‘OK’ button.
- On the next prompt, click the ‘Next’ button.
- You will then be presented with the License agreement. Feel free to read through this and click the ‘Next’ button when you’re ready to continue.
- You will now be prompted to choose the components you wish to install. I recommend you leave this as it is, unless you specifically wish to add or remove something, and then click the ‘Next’ button.
- Now you’re asked where you wish to install the software on your computer. Again I recommend you leave this as it is unless you specifically want to install it in a different location to the default. Now click the ‘Install’ button and a progress bar will be displayed to show you how far the installation is progressing.
- You should now get a confirmation that the installation was completed, so just click the ‘Finish’ button, and you’re all done!