In this guide, we will show you how to connect your Hikvision camera to your WiFi network using the simple to use Windows PC software. If you are looking to use an Apple Mac then follow this guide.
Step 1: Downloading the Software and Connecting Your Camera
To get the camera set up you will want to connect the camera to mains power with an ethernet lead to your router. You will then want to download the software from the link below.
Once downloaded install and run the software.
Step 2: Configuring Your Hikvision Camera to WiFi
Our video guide shows you how to do this:
- Connect the camera to your network using a wired Ethernet connection and power supply, then open IVMS-4200.
- Login to the software and it will automatically search for online devices.
- Click to Activate the camera and then press the Add to Client button then give it a nickname.
- Now go to Remote Configuration -> Network -> WiFi to find your WiFi network and connect to it.
- Once connected it will now appear connected to your WiFi network with its own unique IP address.
- Like before, select the camera and Add to Client.
- Go onto the Main View option and double click on the folder on the left labelled with the name you set (CameraWiFi in our example)
That is everything sorted, your Hikvision camera is now connected to your WiFi network.