In this guide, we’ll cover how to add a Gamut IP camera to Hikivison NVRs. Ensure you follow through each step carefully and keep a note of the IP addresses for a smooth process.
Depending on the camera you have the software used to configure the cameras will be slightly different.
Step 1: Connect the Camera and Software
Install the Device Manager Software onto your Windows PC from the link below:
Once downloaded and installed, connect the camera to one of the ports on the rear of the recorder. For example, on a 4 channel NVR, you will see 4 network ports and then a single connection on its own. Plug your network cable into one in the block of four. Then connect another network cable into the recorder and into your router.
This last lead will be moved as it’s only for the initial configuration so don’t worry if you have 4 cameras.
Step 2: Change the IP address on your camera
- Open the Device Manager Software
- Click the IP Search button where you will see the camera show up in the list
- Left-click on the camera where you will see the boxes in the top-right update to be the same as the information on the left
- Now we need to change the IP address and the Gateway address
- In the IP address box change the digits to read 192.168.254.100 (Make a note of the IP address you use, especially if you have more than one camera)
- At the same time change the Gateway to read 192.168.254.1
- With both of those boxes changed to be the same as you can see here click the Modify button
- You will see a pop-up message saying Modify successful
- To check this press the IP Search button again and you will see the IP address has changed.
Repeat these steps for any additional cameras that you have, the only difference will be you will want the last section of digits in each IP address to be different. For example, the next camera you set up would have an IP Address of 192.168.254.101. The Gateway will remain the same for all cameras.
Step 3: Add the Cameras to the Hikvision NVR
For this stage of the setup, you need to have the cable which is going to your router connected into the single network port on the NVR. All the cameras need to be connected into the camera ports.
The video below takes you through how to do this stage.
On the recorder:
- Right-click with your mouse and select Main Menu from the list
- Click on the Camera menu
- Now click on the IP Camera option
- Select one of the cameras out of the list and press the pencil button beneath the edit option
- Change the protocol to be Onvif instead of Hikvision
- Input the camera’s IP Address which you have set (we set the first one to 192.168.254.100).
- Alter the port to be 8899
- The username is admin (all lower case)
- By default, these cameras don’t have a password on them so this box can be left blank unless you have set a password
- Press the OK button and then repeat step 4 onwards selecting a different camera each time.
That’s everything set up, when you have you NVR on the split camera views you will now be getting pictures from all your cameras which you have connected!