Purpose Of The Guide
This guide is intended to show you how to set up your WiFi Bird Box camera for viewing on a mobile phone or tablet.
Before You Begin
- Test the WiFi connection strength at the site of your bird box using a smartphone, tablet or laptop
- Remove the lens cap
- Plug in the power supply into the trailing cable of the camera.
- If you want to record footage make sure you have your SD card inserted in the camera.
Let's Get Started
1) Download the XMEye app: Download for Android
2) Open your WiFi settings
Important Note - The next three screens may look different on your device.
3) Select the network that beings with "BEYE" and enter the password 1234567890
4) Open the XMEye app
If you see any questions about giving the app permission to use various features of your phone you need to press "allow"
5) Select the Direct Login icon
6) Click on the new camera that appears on the list
7) Click on CAM01
8) Now you will see a direct live view to the camera
Next we need to add the camera to your wifi
9) You will now need to close the XMeye App.
10) Once the app has closed, open your WIFI settings again and select your home wifi again
11) Press the white button on the end of the cameras cable twice, this will make the BEYE network disappear. (If the network doesn't disappear, repeat the clicks)
12) Now open the app and select Local Login
13) Now click on the "+" symbol in the top right hand corner
14) Now select the "wifi configuration" tab
15) Fill in your WiFi Password
16) Click on OK and the app will start searching for your camera
17) When the green symbol appears, click on it
18) Click "Add"
19) Click on the cameras serial number
20) Click on CAM01
21) Next you will see the live view of your camera which has now been added to your WiFi
22) If you click on the blue house icon, you can access all of your settings for enabling audio \ setting the date and time etc
Your device should now show in your device list and you will be able to view live images over Wi-Fi.
Hints & Tips
- Make sure the camera successfully connects to your network before you mount it into your bird box
- Keep the antenna pointing upwards as this improves the Wi-Fi range
- To improve the range of your Wi-Fi signal, purchase a Wi-Fi extender kit
If you want to add the camera to additional phones or tablets please follow this guide.